About Sport Diving
The Sport Diving is: The set of individual or group competitive events, which need of a technical, tactical and specific psycho-physical conditions, based on scuba diving abilities, skills and equipment, develop in swimming pool, regulated and institutionalized within by the Underwater Activities.
International Regulations currently includes five events. The regulation contemplates three individual events and two of team.
The individual events are: Event M 300 metres, Night Diving and Emersion 6Kg. In the individual events the diver has to put into practice different dexterities like: to be thrown to the water in step of giant or turned, to swim so much in surface as immersion, free escape, to come off of the diving suit, to emerge weights, to look for objects lost in the darkness... it should also regulate the speed, the power and in some occasions to find the balance between the energy expense and the consumption of air.
The 2 Team Events are denominated: Course Obstacles (2 athletes) and the event Briefing (4 athletes). In team events the relating of the couple is important and strengthens the cooperation and the group concept. To share the second regulator, to rescue the out diver, or to communicate inside the water to carry out a common task is some of the dexterities that the Sport Diving in strengthens and it develops.
It is practiced in pools so much covered as of external. The longitudes can be of different measures. But for the approval of Records they should be of 25m or of 50m. The advisable depth is a minimum 2, 00 meters below the surface of the water.
The diver's equipment is recommended by CMAS in their training manuals. . It is the same that is commonly used in the dives in open water adapted to the competition. Teams are lighter and less volume
The usual bottle is 10 or 12 liters. The regulator always takes an octopus and a gauge. The diver may carry ballast and the use of the tube in some of the events.
It is very important that the diver knows, prepare and control his equipment very well. For example in the Event M 300m the diving suit is give way and picked up and it is important to know how to place the hydrostatic jacket correctly.
The fins can be open or closed and the hardness and the size should respond to the musculature, to the physical preparation and the characteristics of the event. Fish fins are not allowed. Its use is a problem. It is easy to take the fins out of the water in turns. The diver is disqualified.
All these particularities settle down in the Regulations Peculiar of the competitions, but they should always complete the standards of the International Regulation.
- 1998-2000. Sport Diving was born in Spain (in the city of Zaragoza) created by Marifé Abad (athlete and diving instructor). The idea came from the design of the test M 300 meters (1998) by the President of the Aragonese Federation of Underwater Activities (FARAS) diving instructor Ángel Martínez Lardiés. Other big names that are part of the first team are Eduardo Bello and Mrs. Davinia Uriel.
- 2000. First competition in Zaragoza (Spain).
- 2005. The sport was introduced in the General Assembly that the World Underwater Federation (CMAS), Seville (Spain)
- 2007. Demonstration Sport in Bari (Italy) in the Games of the World Underwater Activities.
- 2007. Meet Marife Abbot and Anna Herznova.(President of the Sports Committee in CMAS). Boards established the foundations of the new sport. Anna Herznova promotes it in CMAS.
- 2008. CMAS approved by the Assembly in Hurghada (Egypt) and included in their statutes.
- 2009. Pukhet (Thailand) First International Diving Committee chaired by Ms. Marife Abad
The Board of Commission
Phone: 34 976 527 345 ; 34 625 638 198
Phone: 091 1516492
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org