I. Mediterranean Beach Games 2015 – Pescara, Italy- Press ConferenceFinswimming 28.08.2015
As part of the I Mediterranean Beach Games 2015 taking place in Pescara, Italy, a press conference of was held on August 25th 2015, by President of the Mediterranean Games International Committee (CIJM), the Algerian Amar Addadi, who visited the games venues.
The numbers of the Games presented by the General director Petrosino prelude to a lively sporting spectacle:
- 10 days of competitions
- 11 sports: Aquathlon, Beach Handball, Beach-soccer, Beach Tennis, Beach Volley, Beach Wrestling, FINSWIMMING, Canoe Ocean Racing, Open Water Swimming, Rowing Beach Sprint, Water Ski.
- 24 participating countries: Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cipro, Croatia, Egypt, Spain, France, Greece, Italy, Libanon, Libia, Malta, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Morocco, Monaco, Montenegro, San Marino, Serbia, Slovenia, Siria, Tunisia, Turkey
- 2 venues on the beach (Arena del Mare and Stadio del Mare)
- 1 olympic swimming pool – long course (Complesso Le Naiadi)
- 906 athletes (601 men e 305 women)
- 430 staff persons
- 200 between referees and judges
- 120 accredited journalists
- 500 volonteers
- 400 medals
- 66 prize giving ceremonies, that will double as repeated in the evening at the Marina ‘Marina di Pescara’, at the ‘Medal Plaza’ specially prepared.
- Nation with the highest number of participants: ITALY with 165 athletes
- Nations that will play all disciplines: ITALY and Greece.
- Absolute record of Finswimming: 1st sport is not for teams, and 3rd place among all those of GDM, with its 108 athletes participating
Share this with your friends
06.01.2018Vote for Athlete of the year