10th UW-Rugby European Championshipsrugby 26th Jun - 1st Jul 2017 Helsinki, FIN Export this event to your calendar
Participants in 10th UW-Rugby European Championships in Helsinki
We have the necessary informations from the federations who participate in 10th UW-Rugby European Championships in Helsinki.
8 Federations will participate with 8 women and 7 men teams. These are:
- Austria with women team
- Denmark with women and men team
- Finland with women and men team
- Germany with women and men team
- Norway with women and men team
- Spain with women and men team
- Sweden with women and men team
- Turkey with women and men team
This will be the greatest number of women teams at European Championships. Previously, there had been a maximum of 6 women teams at European Championships, and only at 2 World Championshipss with 9 teams more women's teams participate.
For the first time, more women than men teams participate in European Championships.
The next step:
- create a championships schedule
- create a games schedule
- draw the groups, in doing so determine the place and time of the draw.
One important information:
There will be no games on June 26th, 2017. There will be official training, several meetings and the opening ceremony.
The first game of the championships will be on June 27th, 2017.
Explanation of the Game Schedule:
The draw wil be done in the following steps (in the steps the federations are listed in alphabetical order):
- 1st draw: GER, NOR - we draw which team plays in Group A1 and B1
- 2nd draw: SWE, DEN - we draw which team plays in Group A2 and B2
- 3rd draw: FIN - we draw in which Group - A3 or B3 - FIN will play
- 4th draw: AUT, ESP, TUR - we draw in which groups they play - beginning with A3 or B3, then A4 and B4
- 1st draw: GER, NOR - we draw which team plays in Group C1 and D1
- 2nd draw: DEN, FIN - we draw which team plays in Group C2 and C2
- 3rd draw: SWE - we draw in which Group - C3 or D3 - SWE will play
- 4th draw: ESP, TUR - we draw in which groups they play - beginning with C3 or D3, then C4.
The first games of women and men competition will be played with the Finnish teams.
That means: after the draw, it can happen that maximum 2 changes are made so that the Finnish teams play in the first games of their competitions.